Deadline: 14-11-2021 (Before 9.00AM)
- Explore the dataset of gifts given to US federal employees by foreign representatives, and find a story within it.
- The dataset is based on data from the Federal Registry and can be found on the Datasets page.
- Adding other sources is allowed, but not mandatory.
- Visualize the story in a static visualization using a graph that compares categories, shows a ratio part-to-whole, or shows relationship.
- Use the fantastic The Graphic Continuum to see which types of graphs you can use for that.
- Hand in via Brighstpace, with:
- The visualization itself (in any common file format)
- A max. 500 word report (in PDF) which covers:
- What’s the visualization’s story you try to convey
- Listing and (briefly) discussing all your design choices pertinent to that story.
- Any challenges or opportunities met along the way (if any), to indicate your learning process
- The assignment should take you about 10 hours.
“Looking for evidence of a mind at work”
- Have a mind (5)
- Tick all the required boxes: i.e. hand in on time, right file formats, everything is present, word limit kept, etc.
- Have put your mind to work (5)
- Clarity of story from visualization (Vis)
- Data-driven, factually correct story (Vis)
- Solid design (Vis)
- Design process clear (Vis & Report)
- Insight (Report)
- Have a mind to learn (1)
- Challenges and opportunities (Report)
- Otherwise signal what (and how) you learned